Elasicated (when wet) Braid

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

Elasicated (when wet) Braid

Postby El Tel » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:19 pm

I was in a tackle shop recently and they demonstrated a (new to me) nash braid that felt normal to tie but then became stretchy when wet. :? :?

I had mixed thoughts about it and wondered if anyone has used this material. If it stretches does it hide disguise the bait pick up? Is it fish safe, Will it act as a death rig like those method feeders with matchmans pole elastic and leave the fish tethered and be hard to eject :evil: ?

Any experience of using this hook link:?: :?:
El Tel
The difference between the Pope and your boss,
the Pope only expects you to kiss his ring.
El Tel
Barbel
Barbel

Postby colin the carper » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:24 am

i am a bit confuzed mate how will it act as a death rig if u tie it up like any other rig like the simple knotless knot rig. i like the idea of it but it is the same as any other rigs i do. i use florocarbon or some skined braid because i dont like to think that when the braid gets totched by a snag or twig that u dont feel out of the warter that it dont rip the braid :) :) :) and were have u seen the trigerlink or what ever its called budd.
colin the carper wearing a parker
a mod is a way of life
sorry about spelling
no longer blank king
colin the carper
Catfish
Catfish

Postby El Tel » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:33 pm

Col,
if the carp are sucking & blowing at your bait I am concerned that the elastic will absorb the pull effect without it traveling up the main line to register as a twitch at my end of things. :?:

If a fish is hooked on methods with pole elastic they find them harder to shed and a lot of bad press then followed their introduction. So I just wonder if this braid will be safe. :?:

On the plus side a take will probably set the hook itself because of the spring effect. Well thats only my theory just wondered if anyone has actually used the material and judged it for them selves. A goldfish bowl in a tackle shop demonstrated how it became springy wet having been non stretchy drywhen the rig was tied. :wink:
El Tel
The difference between the Pope and your boss,
the Pope only expects you to kiss his ring.
El Tel
Barbel
Barbel

Postby colin the carper » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:30 pm

o ok mate i get it now but if the fish is going to run its going two run thats my theory lol :D :D :D :D but i dont catch no fish any way so dont listen to me :cry: :cry:
colin the carper wearing a parker
a mod is a way of life
sorry about spelling
no longer blank king
colin the carper
Catfish
Catfish

Return to Questions