layer upgrade

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

layer upgrade

Postby specimenhunter » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:00 am

if i wanted to upgrade do i pay 30 then do work parties or do u have to do parties first

im just curious :lol: cos work parties start after renewal (i think)
if a woman says "you love fishing more than me" .............. just AGREE!

Disclaimer

Not trying to argue just VOICING MY OPINION, no offence meant and was not trying to be malicious in anyway!
specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby webmaster » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:02 am

You do the work parties and get a voucher at each party, then when you have four vouchers send them off with your money, and a photo for the new card to the membership secretary.
Regards

The Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby specimenhunter » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:09 am

so if i do parties this year i can upgrade next year or straight after doin four parties and dont u need to have layer upgrade to do parties there :?:

Disclaimer

Not trying to argue just VOICING MY OPINION, no offence meant and was not trying to be malicious in anyway!
specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby TomB » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:15 am

If you do the work parties this coming spring, April-May, you can be fishing Layer on June 1st 2006, by following the above instructions.

Please note: You must do TWO work parties on waters other than Layer. This ensures that all waters get a bit of T.L.C.
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby madaboutsilurus » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:53 am

I noticed that there were no work parties listed for Houchins, I suspect that we may end up doing an unofficial one to get it to a good standard of clenliness and sort things out a bit, do you see that would be a problem if people can't make the scheduled ones that this could count as well Dave?
one small step for man and one giant step for mankind, flange the ultimate in stinkiness.
madaboutsilurus
Catfish
Catfish

Postby TomB » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:06 am

That would count as an oficial work party. As long as there was a bailiff there to supervise. I think Steve is your man on Houchins :wink:
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby madaboutsilurus » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:28 pm

cheers mate i will pm steve and discuss what we need to as the season progresses, this would help us find a winter water as well me thinks.

we did do Houch a lot the first winter and all i got was a bream and £400 osteopathy bill.
one small step for man and one giant step for mankind, flange the ultimate in stinkiness.
madaboutsilurus
Catfish
Catfish

Postby specimenhunter » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:24 pm

mad let me know when houch will be done and ill defo be there :lol:

ill see u all at work parties april and may then

Disclaimer

specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

any one know

Postby pit man » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:50 pm

i have a layer pit permint already from last year, do i pay the money for the permint to be upgraded again or do i just leave it as it is???? ???
pit man
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Acorns » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:06 pm

Guys,

Sorry to contradict you Tom but a member must do four Work Parties, three at other waters and one at Layer to qualify for a Layer Upgrade, plus of course they have to part with 30 "Beer Tokens".

As for Houch, no work party is required, I did a full clean up last Sunday, I need to talk to the land owner regarding the dumped tree, which I'm hoping to burn in the next week or so.

The only other job is to peg out both lakes, again I hope to do this in the coming weeks once the peg No's are in stock.

Aaron, You only upgrade once....... Unless of course you have money to throw away.......

Steve
Acorns

Postby pit man » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:18 pm

pit man
Catfish
Catfish

Postby TomB » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:13 pm

Acorns wrote
Sorry to contradict you Tom but a member must do four Work Parties, three at other waters and one at Layer to qualify for a Layer Upgrade, plus of course they have to part with 30 "Beer Tokens".

Thats news to me mate, when did you change the rules.

Its been two at Layer and two elsewhere for a couple of years now. :wink:
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby madaboutsilurus » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:53 pm

steve well done for the clear up mate it is well appreciated, i still have a little to do at home before i qualify for a houchins pass, but i should be out in a couple of weeks and will be applying for bailif tickets.
madaboutsilurus
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Acorns » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:51 pm

Tom,

This time last year, the committee agreed to accept one WP voucher for Layer, (MT Banged on about it for at least three meetings) and the remaining three from other waters, for two reasons.

Layer was continually over subscribed at WPs and people would turn up do Jack Sh*t (CC's words) and demand a voucher.

Secondly as such other WPs suffered from poor attendance and work was never completed satisfactorily (did i spell that right).

Shane, As for qualifying, I did some work in the bathroom last weekend, bought the good lady a nice birthday presi and am doing some work in the garden this weekend.

So hopefully :D :D :D :D

Steve
Acorns

Postby specimenhunter » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:01 pm

i allready have my pass shes peed off with me now lol and all jobs completed

Disclaimer

specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby webmaster » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:03 pm

Now, Now gents please can we leave the inter-committee member bickering to the official Website http://www.c-a-p-s.co.uk :wink:
Regards

The Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby madaboutsilurus » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:19 pm

i do recal hearing one guy saying that he was asking for some insight into how women work, he went straight out from work on friday, crashed out at a mates and went out on the lash on saturday and arrived home for sunday dinner. he said he cant u8nderstand why he is in the dog house cos he has not even been there to do anything wrong or even spoken to her to say the wrong thing.
madaboutsilurus
Catfish
Catfish

Postby TomB » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:04 am

Kim, Sorry to drag this one out, but to avoid confusion amongst members I feel that all information posted on either the unofficial or the official forum should be correct.

Re: Layer work parties and upgrades As I stated earlier, four work parties are required to obtain a Layer upgrade, of which a maximum of two may be carried out at Layer, the other two to be carried out at a water of your choice.

Contrary to earlier reports, this ruling was not changed by the committee last year. Bailiff Officer, Chris Cade announced the present '2 and 2' arrangement at the 2005 A.G.M. (Minuted)

No minutes have been recorded since that would alter the above situation.

The most important thing is that we all get out there and 'do our bit' wherever it may be. It's your chance to put something back.

Layer work parties will commence on Sunday 2nd April
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby dave » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:14 pm

i thought you could all your workparties at the other lakes (none at layer)
http://www.roughtempo.com/live.html tuesday nite 6 - 8 doughboy dnb show and me 10pm till 12pm sunday night
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby madaboutsilurus » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:59 pm

i think that wording allows for all parties to be carried out elsewhere if you choose to.
madaboutsilurus
Catfish
Catfish

just wondering

Postby pit man » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:09 pm

is it me or has any one else notetist the lake which chris and steve spurgeon are fishing(total carp "be a master caster"). to me , it looks very like layer pit. has any one else seen it and can tell me if it is or not???
pit man
Catfish
Catfish

Postby TomB » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:10 pm

Correct: maximum of two
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby TomB » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:12 pm

The Korda guys often fish Layer, for the purpose of filming, articles etc.
And of course because they enjoy fishing there.
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby rangemaster » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:01 pm

yeh it was at layer my mates had the 23lb or 24lb or whatever it was before! :lol:
I joined the darkside and i wont ever look back
rangemaster
Bigmouth Billy Bass
Bigmouth Billy Bass

Return to Questions