DIRTY LITTLE B*****D LITTER LOUTS!!!! HOUCHINS BANK HOLIDAY

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

DIRTY LITTLE B*****D LITTER LOUTS!!!! HOUCHINS BANK HOLIDAY

Postby popsmurf » Tue May 02, 2006 7:34 pm

:x :x :x :cry: :x :x :evil: :evil:

some little t*ssers night fishing until monday evening left a mass of rubbish in the middle swim on the farm side of the back lake.

this went further than the normal litter morons as they had obviously gone for a dump & there were "baby" wipes covered in s**t spread all over the place not to mention bottles, cans, pot noodle pots , a blue boiler suite & lots more.

upon speaking to another angler who had already baged some items i discovered that it was 2 young lads maybe of school age 1 was fishing & 1 was not.

the sad thing is that it was all left directly oposite the little bridge that links the farm house to the FARMERS LAKES, THESE PEOPLE COULD BE THE DEATH OF THIS CLUB & NEED TO BE CAUGHT BEFORE WE LOSE THESE WATERS.

i removed this rubish & collected up the s**t smothered wipes & fished out the cans & bottles from the swim.

DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER OR KNOW WHO WAS FISHING IN THAT SWIM SUNDAY TO MONDAY EVENING IF SO ITS IN YOUR OWN INTEREST TO REPORT THEM TO WHOEVER IT IS THAT DEALS WITH THESE TYPE OF ISSUES.

sorry if im ranting but you can imagine how p*ss of i am! i go fishing to relax not walk round the bank heaving & gagging picking up other peoples sh*t!!!!

spread the word & see if we can find out who these people were, if action is taken against these morons then it will deter others from doing the same.
popsmurf
Tench
Tench

Postby Wayne Clarke » Tue May 02, 2006 8:09 pm

You are perfectly right to be ranting - i would be as well.

Unfortunately the issue with litter is becoming more and more of a problem on the clubs lakes and in my opinion will ultimately result in the club losing the leases on certain lakes.

Crapping in your swim is disgusting and the committee should issue life bans to anybody found to be doing this.

Top marks to you for taking the time to clean dirty gits rubbish up. I always carry a litter picker and bin bags in the boot of my car and walk around the lakes whenever i get the chance. Unfortunately there are more people dropping litter than picking it up.
Wayne Clarke
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby dave whittaker » Tue May 02, 2006 8:16 pm

i know speci was over last weekend maybe he has names etc ,this has to be stopped NOW
www.carpy.co.uk
its the way forward
dave whittaker
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby dave » Tue May 02, 2006 9:01 pm

i think the bovvys hav really improved and long may it last ,the members that fish there have taken positive measures by collectiong any litter they see . i feel that this is because of the leaflets given out by the ballifs so well done to all involved and the commitee for making a positive move
http://www.roughtempo.com/live.html tuesday nite 6 - 8 doughboy dnb show and me 10pm till 12pm sunday night
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby specimenhunter » Tue May 02, 2006 10:19 pm

i went there sunday evening and have names and membership numbers of those who were there

there were 2 young lads there but were on middle bank both had bags for rubbish and were using them they were both fishing too :?
if a woman says "you love fishing more than me" .............. just AGREE!

Disclaimer

Not trying to argue just VOICING MY OPINION, no offence meant and was not trying to be malicious in anyway!
specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby specimenhunter » Tue May 02, 2006 10:35 pm

if u happened to notice the litter leaflets its prob too late now but i also write membership numbers on the back in middle

Disclaimer

Not trying to argue just VOICING MY OPINION, no offence meant and was not trying to be malicious in anyway!
specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby popsmurf » Wed May 03, 2006 9:03 am

it wasnt those lads they were fishing to the right of me & must say are very sensible respectfull young members.

there was a man fishing at the end of the left farm bank in a blueish bivvy who assisted with the clearing . i failed to ask what time the offenders had arrived sunday and as you say its to late now.

i think the problem is that these lakes are fished obviously on a daily basis and its not possible for bailifs to attend all day every day.

in my opinion this type of abuse & a handfull of more minor rule breaking will have a major impact on clubs reputation in the close future & we will without a doubt lose a good water due to this. its just a matter of time!

i have attended work parties as many of our members have and would like to think that after collecting so much crap on a sunday morning would never litter or abuse the rules. could we not give a selected amount of these club members the power to request proof of membership etc.
iv seen some type of rule braking on almost every occasion whilst fishin our waters but would never risk confronting the situation unless i had some sort of official power to do so.
ie if another ordinary member was to request the production of membership he's likely to be told to f off where as an official representative would get a better result thus combating these issues.

a bit like neighbourhood watch !

tell me to keep my nose out if you wish but i feel that when you join any club you have an obligation to build the success of that club not chuck it all down the pan & spoil it for those who actually care for its future.

regards.
pop.
popsmurf
Tench
Tench

Postby dave whittaker » Wed May 03, 2006 11:05 am

all members are allowed to ask to see a membership card pop not just bailiffs
www.carpy.co.uk
its the way forward
dave whittaker
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby specimenhunter » Wed May 03, 2006 12:43 pm

ok at 7:30 there were only 6 ppl there so unless they were late arrivals then it was down to one of those six

and to clear up the asking for membership i aint been asked for my bailiff ticket yet when requesting to see others so id advise u approach politely if they get abusive WALK AWAY AND IF POSSIBLE PHONE A BAILIFF

we would love to come and deal with these idiotic louts

it wasnt those lads they were fishing to the right of me & must say are very sensible respectfull young members.

leaving rods out with mate watching them to go shopping was not responsible behaviour this was caught by MYSELF :wink:

Disclaimer

specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby popsmurf » Wed May 03, 2006 12:50 pm

yes dave but if a member refuses then thats that.

i for 1 would not be happy to produce my card to any old person asking to see it unless he was a bailiff and this i believe would be the case with most people that use this forum.

can you imagine if i, (as a new member) was to walk upto you & request to see your licence or any other long standing member, im sure that in most cases the answer would be " no who the hell are you!!"

the fact that any member can request to see anothers licence is good in theory but this doesnt happen because if the member refuses then all you can do is walk away looking like a right prat or face the prospects of a more than likely confrontation that leads to abusive behavior or even violence purely because you have no official proof or right to take action should they refuse.
popsmurf
Tench
Tench

Postby specimenhunter » Wed May 03, 2006 12:54 pm

pop if u were there on sunday evening i asked u for ticket did u ask if i was a bailiff.............................. no

the fact that any member can request to see anothers licence is good in theory but this doesnt happen because if the member refuses then all you can do is walk away looking like a right prat or face the prospects of a more than likely confrontation that leads to abusive behavior or even violence purely because you have no official proof or right to take action should they refuse.

if things start getting heated and they refuse just walk away and phone A BAILIFF :cry: it really isnt difficult mate

Disclaimer

specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby popsmurf » Wed May 03, 2006 1:28 pm

SPECI.

i was there tues. and i get your message, ill keep out of it. im not looking for enimies i just know the time & effort that you baillifs put into such a difficult job & it must be annoying when people disrespect your waters in this way.

i consider myself well & truely told off.

sorry :embarrased:
popsmurf
Tench
Tench

Postby Holyjo » Wed May 03, 2006 2:16 pm

Can someone confirm who the Houch bailiffs are then please :?:
Holyjo
Carp
Carp

Postby Fcuked Off » Wed May 03, 2006 2:25 pm

Fcuked Off
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby specimenhunter » Wed May 03, 2006 2:37 pm

i am also a houchins bailiff but details are in process of being updated i believe

Disclaimer

specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Gormer » Wed May 03, 2006 3:34 pm

should put usernames and mug shots on that list :)
Im back for 07 lol
Gormer
Carp
Carp

Return to Questions