Layer ticket not required

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

Layer ticket not required

Postby Mister-Big » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:05 pm

Hi i have a work party ticket for Layer that i dont need anymore as i have stopped carp fishing in the Layer sort of way.

Anybody short of one pm me

Mart
Mister-Big
Rudd
Rudd

Postby dave » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:35 pm

i dont think thats allowed mate, im not sure but i feel it would be wrong to be able to give/sell tickets to other members .
personally i feel if you want to fish layer you should attend work parties and show that you care for the club (obviously not you as you have done some ) . the work parties are not hard work and they introduce you to other members that may not fish the way you fish , there are members i have met at the work parties that i consider friends ,most of them i wouldnt have met as they -either dont fish the same water or are not the same type of angler as me .
dave
http://www.roughtempo.com/live.html tuesday nite 6 - 8 doughboy dnb show and me 10pm till 12pm sunday night
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby Acorns Limps Again » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:29 pm

I fully agree Dave.

To sell a work party ticket is moraly wrong and goes against the grain.

A good friend of mine and a well known member of the society has done every work party for the last three years and refuses to take the tickets as he dosen't want to fish Layer, but does want to support the society and ensure that the waters are spotless.

Unlike others who seem to want to benefit (financially)..........

S
Take only Memories, Leave only Foot Prints
Acorns Limps Again
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby webmaster » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:45 pm

Ouch !!!, I didnt see Mister Big offering to sell his spare ticket. I assume that it is a nice BIG gesture of giving somebody who has done three worlk parties a chance to get the all important fourth ticket. It has never been a problem in the past for members to pass on their tickets.
Regards

The Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mister-Big » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:23 pm

Sorry i didnt mean to offend anybody or suggest anything that would break the rules.

I just wanted to know if i should throw it away or pass it back to the club or offer it to somebody (free ) who deserves it.

I am open to ideas but it seems a shame to waste it after it was received from my time at a work party.

Please let me know what you think is correct

Please do not PM me offering cash etc.
Mister-Big
Rudd
Rudd

Postby popsmurf » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:54 am

we seem to be forgetting that anybody can pay £130 for a layer upgrade.
i fully agree with the fact that attending work parties is a good way to support our club and gives you a good idea of the volume of work required to maintain our waters, i personally think that all new members should attend atleast 1or2 types of work partys to fish any of our waters .

however a member that has completed 3 work parties surly should be allowed to recieve 1 unused ticket passed on from a fellow member as long as they DO NOT hold a layer permit there self.

speci for instants has completed 3 workparties (i believe) and only requires 1 for an upgrade, surely this would be acceptable.

unfortunately this could open up a gateway for people to abuse the system for their own finnancial gain.
popsmurf
Tench
Tench

Postby The Laird » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:29 am

popsmurf wrote:Ufortunately this could open up a gateway for people to abuse the system for their own finnancial gain.

Its hardly a get rich quick system, especially as you have to do a work party to get each one. Im not particularly keen on selling the tickets although thats what the committee do efectively at £25 per time, so there cant be a problem with passing the ticket on for free. I think that it is a very nice gesture from Mister Big.
Cheers

Laird Kim of Lochaber

Angling Essentials, Witham. 0845 838 1566 (local rate)
Shop hours 9am-5pm - Closed All Day Wednesday & Sunday
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Location: Angling Essentials, Witham. 0845 838 1566 (local rate)

Postby specimenhunter » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:12 am

i think it is a good gesture from mister big too, i would benifit from his gesture as i have 3 tickets want to fish layer and will still attend work parties next year and for as long as im a member

as said u can buy out of work parties through committee so y a problem withh ppl giving them away

even if someone attended every partie and sold for say 15 quid it would only make them around a 100 squid thats 10,000 years to make a million :lol:
if a woman says "you love fishing more than me" .............. just AGREE!

Disclaimer

Not trying to argue just VOICING MY OPINION, no offence meant and was not trying to be malicious in anyway!
specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby dave » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:40 pm

for me and a lot of members layer is the premier water caps have so really the idea of joining and then buying your way on there without showing any interest in the care of all our lakes doesnt go down well with me .
http://www.roughtempo.com/live.html tuesday nite 6 - 8 doughboy dnb show and me 10pm till 12pm sunday night
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby Wayne Clarke » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:52 pm

Throw it away.

Problem solved! :roll:
Wayne Clarke
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby dave whittaker » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:38 pm

i would screw it upthrow it away and make people do the work partys too many free loaders around these days
www.carpy.co.uk
its the way forward
dave whittaker
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby specimenhunter » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:07 pm

popsmurf you are right i have done 3 work parties (+ 1 unofficial one to help with carpark swim at bov 2) and intend on doing more

so if i take mister bigs spare ticket will i get tied to a bush and receive 100 lashings????????????????
if a woman says "you love fishing more than me" .............. just AGREE!

Disclaimer

Not trying to argue just VOICING MY OPINION, no offence meant and was not trying to be malicious in anyway!
specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Mister-Big » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:50 pm

Thanks for the advice, i have sorted it out now

Mart
Mister-Big
Rudd
Rudd

Postby dave » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:39 pm

that would be 100 from all other ballifs speci , and id put starch on my whip so it hurt more :twisted:
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Return to Questions