A Challenge to the club....Perhaps

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

A Challenge to the club....Perhaps

Postby The Renegade » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:53 am

I haven't visited the website for sometime.

There was one thing that really caught my eye, and subsquently ended in this post, which was the discussion on Vanessa then subsequent dicussion on fish spawning, danger to fish, and the committees due diligence in this matter.

I have strong views on this, from the perspective of an angler, and as a person who served on the committee for around 5 years.

What I'd like to say would take too long on a post. So I think I will ask Kim if he wouldn't mind if I write a mini article about it which can be posted on here, from which a discussion can take place?

At the end of the day the membership has the power to instruct the committee what it should do in governing the club. Rather than the other way round. Something most members miss perhaps ?
Back once again with the Renegade master
The Renegade
Tench
Tench

Postby THE CATFISH KING » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:05 pm

when is this article going to be published :?:
THE ELITE DUMBELL RIGS!!!!
THE CATFISH KING
Catfish
Catfish

Postby The Renegade » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:54 pm

Decided it wasn't worth wasting my breath to be honest fox.

First time I've popped on the website since I posted that, which actually mirrors how often I have fished any caps waters this season. (not a reflection on your website I must add Kim)

I've been having a great time fishing other waters.

Its quite funny really.... Today I went to a caps water for the first time (Olivers) for a couple of hours and when I packed up in the dark I managed to walk in human excrement that some kind sole had deposited on the edge of the path.

What with that and all the rubbish around it was a timely reminder why I haven't been visiting club waters this year and added weight to the argument that the money spent on the ticket would be better served elsewhere next year.
Back once again with the Renegade master
The Renegade
Tench
Tench

Postby GaryB » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:40 pm

Sounds like you had an unfortunate experience mate, with the erm, treading in something unsavoury,.....but I have only just rejoined the club after more than a 15 year absense, and from what I've seen of Bov 1 & 2, Layer, and Prestons....I'm very impressed with the work the club does to provide decent and secure fishing.......

I've had my ticket checked by bailiffs at each of the above venues, everytime I have fished the waters....which I'm pleased about

The bailiffs have also been very helpful, particularly at layer this Saturday gone, when I popped in for a very short mid-morning session before going home to watch England footy....where the duty bailiff, after checking my ticket, gave me some good and sound advice and information about the swim I'd chosen to fish.

I always seem to read negative comments on this site about the club and the committee, but I am probably not the best person to post on the subject, due to the fact I've only just re-joined....

BUT.....

From what I've seen so far.....I think its a good and well run club, which I'm happy to be a member of!

And as an aside......Just look at the work the committee are doing to try to deal with the terrible situation at Houchins......unfortunately I had to look after my daughter on Sunday as my wife was working and couldn't get over to help with the work the committee were doing to try to rectify the situation........

shame you stepped in S*** the same day at Olivers though!
GaryB
Eel
Eel

Postby TomB » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:19 pm

some kind sole had deposited on the edge of the path.

Was it a Dover Sole or a Lemon Sole? Illegal fish movements tut tut :lol:

Did you mean soul?
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby Awesome » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:38 pm

No guidance grasshopper!
Awesome
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Return to Questions