09/10 tickets

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

09/10 tickets

Postby ripper » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:18 am

Anyone know if 09/10 tickets will be on sale. I skipped membership last year but itching to get going. In seasons past they were available to purchase and fish before 1 April, any idea if this will be the case this year?
ripper
Roach
Roach

Postby Taggart » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:58 pm

If your ticket doesn't start untill the first of april , how come you can fish before it starts ? Does that also apply to those whos tickets have run out then !
Come The Revolution .....
Taggart
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby carpmanjay » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:56 am

have a look at the official site mate,
carpmanjay
Carp
Carp

Postby The Laird » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:09 am

The tickets normally come out mid March, it has always been the case that if you pay early you can fish early.
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Location: Angling Essentials, Witham. 0845 838 1566 (local rate)

Postby Taggart » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:15 am

That's not right is it ! So if i don't join untill May can i fish an extra month on last years ticket ? Surely your ticket should start on the first of April , that's what you are paying for , no more , no less .
Taggart
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby car park billy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:29 am

defiately dont agree with that you start fishing once your new ticket is valid ... simple ...sometimes the club makes a rod for its own back dont ya think...
car park billy
Catfish
Catfish

Postby TomB » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:19 pm

Officially tickets are not valid until 1st April.

This all started because some shops took it upon themselves to tell anglers that it was OK to fish as soon as they had bought a ticket.

It's not fair on existing members to have their waters mobbed out by non-members for the last couple of weeks of the season.

I shall be bringing this up at committee level and hopefully we can get this "grey area" sorted.
CAPS Committee in "play it by the rules" shocker.
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby The Laird » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Put it like this if a number of clubs start their season on the first of April but one of the lets you fish a couple of weeks early which one would you join.

Its simple ecconomics and encourages members to join, its not as though they will get months of free fishing.

The club needs money as soon as possible in the early part of the year to pay the rentals so it is benificial to encourage early payment.
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby TomB » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:30 pm

Laird of Witham stated:

Put it like this if a number of clubs start their season on the first of April but one of the lets you fish a couple of weeks early which one would you join.

Its simple ecconomics and encourages members to join, its not as though they will get months of free fishing.

The club needs money as soon as possible in the early part of the year to pay the rentals so it is benificial to encourage early payment

This has never been adopted as official policy.

Members join to fish our waters, not because they get weeks free fishing.

Make 'em wait. It'll taste so much sweeter wink
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby The Laird » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:53 pm

It was discussed by the committee when we first put the memberships in the shops and was generally accepted that if they paid early then they could fish early.
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby TomB » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Well it's not generally accepted now and still causes heated debate.

Have you got the "minute" to this effect? :lol: :lol:
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby Taggart » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:31 pm

As i see it you are paying for a 12 month ticket , not 12 months and a couple of weeks . New tickets should start when the new membership period starts , not before it .
Taggart
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby TomB » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:38 pm

I can't believe this, but I'm actually agreeing with Taggart :eek:
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby Taggart » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:41 pm

See Tom , i'm not all that bad !
Taggart
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby El Tel » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:43 pm

When I joined and was offered a couple of extra early season weeks and at the same time I was also told of the up coming work parties and it gave me time to find the waters and then plan to do the work parties.

I was able to schedule them alongside another ticket and set of parties too. I found it a nice way to meet the other members and committee guys etc. Most of the waters were quiet at the end of march anyway.
El Tel
The difference between the Pope and your boss,
the Pope only expects you to kiss his ring.
El Tel
Barbel
Barbel

Postby The Laird » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:15 pm

Personally it doesnt bother me one way or the other, I just cant see the prolem in encouraging people to join a couple of weeks early.
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby carpmanjay » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:22 pm

i see no problem with it either, most clubs adopt this policy anyhow, infact ive just joined anouther club in herts, and i can now fish right through till the end of 09/10 season. for me its a bit of a brucey because i can start baiting up earlier.
carpmanjay
Carp
Carp

Postby Taggart » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:13 pm

The simple solution is not to sell new members tickets until the first of April .
Taggart
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby car park billy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:29 pm

i tell you what the problem is, some people put alot of time in through the winter tryin to track fish etc waitin for when the fish start movin about to hopefully catch there taegget fish the last thing they want is for some one who has brought a new ticket who offically should not be on there yaet to turn up and start chucking in bait etc or fishing.....can you imagine if some one turned up at snake a couple of weeks early on his new ticket and was lucky enough to catch the common, he would be lynched lol or him and his mates tied up a few favoured pegs.....to put it politly it aint right ya start fishing from when the new ticket is valid.....i personally was not aware that this was happenin as last year i kicked a couple of blokes off the lake thinking they was tryin it on ...opps...the regulars up there thought it was a ****** liberty anyway and were a couple of coffees away from sayin something themselfs
car park billy
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Taggart » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:53 pm

Now , if there ticket does not start until the first of april and they are allowed to fish club waters before then , are they covered under the clubs insurance ?
Taggart
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby ripper » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:46 am

lol look what ive started. it seems a sensible policy to me from the clubs casflow and admin point of view and also makes sense in terms of fishing but then i would say that as i will hopefully benefit from it. i cant see why anyone would need to get the hump about it, i cannot recall the clubs lakes becoming unduly busy between mid march and 1 april before and i presume that none of you had noticed either if you werent even aware of the clubs policy. i really dont see its stepping on anyones toes, FFS its a club open to 2000 odd members, people should be aware its not a syndicate and fish accordingly. Not sure about 'official' comments either, in my mind if the clubs site says buy a ticket in mid march and fish straight away, that makes it 'official' and i would let the bailiff know that, surely the bailiffs check the site. dont they?
ripper
Roach
Roach

Postby Taggart » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:41 pm

Your ticket would not be valid as a new member until the first of april .
Taggart
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby car park billy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:48 pm

wel in my opinion ya just tryin to get fishing before ya ticket starts whats the point in havein a end of ticket date and a new start date if they dont matter a f***,the club aint gonna struggle for money and if they are then maybe some one needs to look into how the clubs finaces are being run,personally i dont think there is a problem with the clubs finaces ..... just wait till ya ticket is valid.....simple...or maybe the ticket should run from the date you buy it till the same date the following year.....what makes you or anyone else that speacil that ya can ponce a couple of weeks free fishing......if this is the case then i am gonna look into it a bit more as a member and a bailif i feel its taken the piss outta it current members
car park billy
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Wayne Clarke » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:13 pm

We don't offer an 'early season joining bonus', like some of the other local clubs.
Everyone's membership starts on the 1st April. You may be able to join earlier but your not entitled to fish until the 1st.
Wayne Clarke
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby ripper » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Look chaps im happy to abide by whatever the rules whatever they are. Im just saying that in past seasons you have offered an 'early season joining bonus' and was checking if this is still the case. If its not the case this year thats no problem with me. I still dont get why you are all so bothered though, sorry. With 2000 odd members and all the waters rammed every other weekend I cant see it would make much difference and most have you have admitted you didnt know so obviously hadnt noticed any increase in numbers.

Billy Im not trying to get anything, just asking if the club are still doing what they have done in the past.

Thanks for the clarification Wayne.
ripper
Roach
Roach

Postby car park billy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:21 pm

the dirrerance is YOU WILL BE GETTING A COUPLE OF WEEKS FISHING WHEN TOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO.....cheers wayne for clearing that up...
car park billy
Catfish
Catfish

Postby TomB » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:24 pm

People will continue to do it because in the past certain shops have told them it's OK.

It does happen.
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby The Laird » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:02 pm

oops :bigsecret: I only repeated what was agreed, it makes no difference to the shops.

Anyway, this is getting boring, bloody jobsworths snigger
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby ripper » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:07 pm

car park billy wrote:YOU WILL BE GETTING A COUPLE OF WEEKS FISHING WHEN TOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO

You dont get this. If the club advertise on their site that if you join in mid March you can fish straight away, as they have done in the past, then....YOU ARE ENTITLED TO FISH THOSE TWO WEEKS

If not, see you 1 April :D
ripper
Roach
Roach

Postby car park billy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:47 pm

could some one from the club please tell me for definate if your allowed to fish early on a new ticket please......with no grey areas....thanks
car park billy
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Taggart » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:21 pm

If this bloke is not a member of CAPS , what's he doing on here anyway ? :)
Taggart
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby miv » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:35 pm

The way the weather,s going... good luck to them if they get 2 weeks extra fishing or a big snake common :lol: .
Official 'Stella Artois' field tester...!!!
miv
Carp
Carp

Postby ripper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:19 am

Taggart wrote:If this bloke is not a member of CAPS , what's he doing on here anyway ? :)

have been a member for a number of years. As stated earlier in the thread I dropped my ticket for last year. Good to see the club politics are alive and well.
ripper
Roach
Roach

Postby GaryB » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:28 pm

Can anybody advise whether Big Fish Tackle in Chelmsford do renewals for the CAPS ticket.

Official CAPS site list HLS in Chelmsford as being a membership outlet, but as they closed down and BFT re-opened the premises, I wanted to check before driving over there.

Thanks in advance.
GaryB
Eel
Eel

Postby Wayne Clarke » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:36 pm

Think so, but give Mick Turner, membership secretary a call to confirm - 01376 323520.
Wayne Clarke
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby Fcuked Off » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:15 pm

GaryB wrote:Can anybody advise whether Big Fish Tackle in Chelmsford do renewals for the CAPS ticket.

Official CAPS site list HLS in Chelmsford as being a membership outlet, but as they closed down and BFT re-opened the premises, I wanted to check before driving over there.

Thanks in advance.

Could you please pass me the URL of the web page from the offical site where it says HLS instead of BFT, as I updated the database a long time ago to reflect this. If it is the membership application form download, then please note that this is still the 2008/09 season one on the site, the new seasons one will be going up very soon.
Fcuked Off
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby TomB » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:40 pm

BFT do memberships.
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby GaryB » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:37 pm

<font><b>censored</b></font> Off wrote:
GaryB wrote:Can anybody advise whether Big Fish Tackle in Chelmsford do renewals for the CAPS ticket.

Thanks in advance.

Could you please pass me the URL of the web page from the offical site where it says HLS instead of BFT, as I updated the database a long time ago to reflect this. If it is the membership application form download, then please note that this is still the 2008/09 season one on the site, the new seasons one will be going up very soon.

Sorry to cause confusion, I mis-spoke.....its the joing information page on this site that still lists HLS NOT the Official site embarrased
GaryB
Eel
Eel

Postby The Laird » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:11 pm

oops, the un-official site has now been updated, HLS and BFT are effectively the same company under a different name, HLS credibility had been damaged so by changing the name to BFT gave it more cred :?
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby GaryB » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:57 pm

The Laird wrote:oops, the un-official site has now been updated, HLS and BFT are effectively the same company under a different name, HLS credibility had been damaged so by changing the name to BFT gave it more cred :?

Not entirely true....I know the bloke that now runs BFT as a part owner.....he was not previously involved with HLS.

The shop is very different to how it was under HLS
GaryB
Eel
Eel

Postby The Laird » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:43 pm

The 2009/10 memberships are now in the shops.
Cheers

Laird Kim of Lochaber

Angling Essentials, Witham. 0845 838 1566 (local rate)
Shop hours 9am-5pm - Closed All Day Wednesday & Sunday
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Return to Questions