caps waters

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

caps waters

Postby markq3849 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:43 pm

hi everyone is it just me or is everyone getting abit fed up with the way this club is run. caps are taking on more waters and to be honest they need to look after the lakes there got first. take snake pit for example what have they done with it? nothing coz they dont know what to do with it they have even shut off little snags coz they think by doing that the carp will come out the snags yeah right what it needs is a proper stock programe with quality carp i.e not layer fish.
markq3849
Worm
Worm

Re: caps waters

Postby Gonefishing...... » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:20 am

Cant believe you posted this, a year or 2 to late in my view.

There are some good peps on the comittee, The club has taken on Little Oakleys,Mersea and now St osth.
All will be very very good waters in a season or 2.

Layer is finally getting treated for silt, again something that should of been done years ago.
The club is resufacing tracks (Bovie and snake booked so far).
Inny has had alot work done on tidying the bankside, hopefully weed will be sorted next..

Many have moaned (myself included) the club doesn't maintain its current venues, but that has changed alot this coming season and sure will improve.
The club already has some cracking venues, who knows maybe some more to come next year?? Why risk stocking snake and putting the fish already there at risk, even if stocked fish have right certs and look healthy ??? (Its no garantee).

What more do you want in the next few months.
It's fat, Its round and It Weighs .... LB.
Gonefishing......
Carp
Carp

Postby TomB » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:32 am

:beerchug: Mark
CAPS Committee in "play it by the rules" shocker.
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby Bivvirat » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:31 pm

think the club are now doing the right thing with the waters they have and by getting new ones , at last things are going foward ( wayne) has pushed things on .i for 1 have had my differenc ecs but no when someone is doing something good it takes a small man to be a big one lol
Bivvirat
Carp
Carp

Postby The Laird » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:47 pm

Bivvirat wrote:it takes a small man to be a big one

snigger snigger snigger
Cheers

Laird Kim of Lochaber

Angling Essentials, Witham. 0845 838 1566 (local rate)
Shop hours 9am-5pm - Closed All Day Wednesday & Sunday
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Location: Angling Essentials, Witham. 0845 838 1566 (local rate)

Postby bank tramp » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:06 pm

markq3849 wrote:hi everyone is it just me or is everyone getting abit fed up with the way this club is run. caps are taking on more waters and to be honest they need to look after the lakes there got first. take snake pit for example what have they done with it? nothing coz they dont know what to do with it they have even shut off little snags coz they think by doing that the carp will come out the snags yeah right what it needs is a proper stock programe with quality carp i.e not layer fish.
leve snake pit to people who like hard carping its got just the right stock now if you want a runs water go to layer i just dont think snake needs more carp :?
bank tramp
Eel
Eel

Postby car park billy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:44 pm

cant belive this postin it really really deserves a dcik head award......i have been one of the people to jump on the backs of the committee over differant subjects in the past but i think a bit of credit is due to the committe as a whole as with some new lads on there with some new ideas the club is lookin after the waters its got ie,snake,bovie and layer and also lookin for new waters wel in my books thats takin the club forward.....so cheers to you lads on the committe :beerchug: as for stockin snake are you off your ****** trolly you are obviously not to worried about the history or type of fish in there and its only my opinion but snake dont really need your type of angler on there........maybe stockin it full of simos and makin it a runs water is your type of water but i aint mine......keep snake as it is........
car park billy
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Wayne Clarke » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:02 am

Should i cancel the order for the 400 7lb Simmos then????
Wayne Clarke
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby Gonefishing...... » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am

Wayne Clarke wrote:Should i cancel the order for the 400 7lb Simmos then????

7lb................ tut tut wayne, you told me they were 3lb, but perfectly proportioned dustbin lids and able to take double 20mm boilies. :lol:
It's fat, Its round and It Weighs .... LB.
Gonefishing......
Carp
Carp

Postby car park billy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:22 am

markq.....also you say about layer fish if you new the history of some of the commons in there i think you would feel stupid with the remark about them.....try findin out about the fish before you start knockin them
car park billy
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Wayne Clarke » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:26 am

If Snake don't want them they could always go in Bovvy 2?? That ok with you Paul? :lol:
Wayne Clarke
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby car park billy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:50 pm

lol thanks but maybe olivers could do with them or prestons......
car park billy
Catfish
Catfish

Return to Questions