Good carp rods for a youngster

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

Good carp rods for a youngster

Postby smiffster » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Hello all,
This year I want to get my lad fishing more. He's had a dabble on a whip and his little telescopic rod I got for him but now he wants to be like dad and have a good ledgering set up. ie. rod pod, rods, bait runners, etc. Being only 8, I think he'd struggle to handle full size carp rods of 12/13 foot. Anyone know of some good rods that might be suitable for a chap that's still got a bit of growing to do?

Thanks!
smiffster
Dace
Dace

Re: Good carp rods for a youngster

Postby chrisandjack » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:24 pm

i started my lad with full size rods and baitrunners when he was 7 and he got on just fine with them the hardest bit was getting the hang of clicking the baitrunner off before the strike
baitrunners was diawa emblims i think but soon moved over to shimano's he is is now 13yrs old still has same rods and reels and out fishes me everytime
hope this is of some help
think he may still have his diawa baitrunners and would maybe sell them if not i think i have a 3 set of shimano's here that i would sell but will need to look and see what one's they are
chrisandjack
Pike
Pike

Re: Good carp rods for a youngster

Postby dave whittaker » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:19 pm

chub outcast stalking rods would do him fine mate ,plus a set of 5000 baitrunners and his spot on
www.carpy.co.uk
its the way forward
dave whittaker
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Return to Questions