the garrison fishery.

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

the garrison fishery.

Postby mines » Sun May 30, 2010 6:02 pm

has any one fished at the garrison fishery in rowhedge ? i saw it on carp crew TV this month, JO managed to wangle a few out i see.
ive had a look at there web site http://www.garrisonfishery.co.uk it looks a fantastic lake and it says you can rent it out for a week/week end.
mines
Dace
Dace

Re: the garrison fishery.

Postby filler » Mon May 31, 2010 8:36 am

is this the lake you turn into from the top of rectory road, down the road that leads to the industrial site adjacent to the river?
I PLUCK THEREFORE I AM!
filler
Chub
Chub

Postby mines » Mon May 31, 2010 3:58 pm

i found it by going to google maps uk.and entered Garrisonfishery..hope this helps (y)
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby andyebs » Mon May 31, 2010 8:30 pm

was looking at it on website and went down to have look lovely place
its £150 for 48hrs 4 can fish
was thinking of getting few people together to fish it soon i hope
andyebs
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Postby mines » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:41 am

i sent an emil to the people who run the garrison now a days asking them about the carp stock and sizes.
they replyed with..there are around 26 named carp in there with a few small stock commons.
avarage size 25lb with 4 over 30lb and another 3 siting just under 30lb.. :D

(im gana phone and book up il let you know how i get on)..mines (y)
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby rangemaster » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:01 am

It's a cracking looking water I did a 48 down there with a few mates around early April!even then it looked awsome I managed to have 3 out at 20lb12oz,28lb and 29lb4oz with my mates having 2 between then at 28lb12oz and 26lb!all stunning fish!let me know how you get on mines going to book another session soon!
rangemaster
Bigmouth Billy Bass
Bigmouth Billy Bass

Postby andyebs » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 am

if anyones looking for extra person to come shar cost will be happy to join them
andyebs
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Postby mines » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 pm

andyebs :ive emailed the people who run the garrison and they said (they get the odd week end when just the people who run the water fish
and it may be possible to do a week end with them) give them a bell.the person i speak to j (i think his name is) seems very helpfull. (y)
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby andyebs » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:40 am

ok will do many thanks
andyebs
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Postby car park billy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:21 pm

watch out for the snakes (adders) S*** loads over there :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
car park billy
Catfish
Catfish

Postby rangemaster » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:46 pm

paul i think you should become a snake handler your always finding there habitat!or they find you!
I joined the darkside and i wont ever look back
rangemaster
Bigmouth Billy Bass
Bigmouth Billy Bass

Postby mines » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:08 am

ive phoned and made a booking for me and a friend for mid july. i asked if it would be possible to have a walk round i was told (yes thats fine)
so i had a quick look round sunday morning i saw fish on the top every where and sum real good ones at that :shock: there were 2 guys fishing
i asked them if they had caught anything.theyd had 4 carp bigest just under 28lb and a couple of 6-7 lb tench :D they were well happy
i will update you all on how we get on in a few weeks time (y)
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby jack roberts » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:31 pm

i no the person that runs it i live next door to him his name is jason baverstock his a nice bloke, i can have any date lol so if anyone is interested then let me no and il try and get you in
jack roberts
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Postby mines » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:09 am

yes thats the person i spoke to jason very help full when i was walking round on sunday.he even pointed out a couple of good areas ;) when i first bumped in to him he asked what was i doing down there then i explained who i was and that i was the one he had spoke to on the (mp)
he was fine.
Last edited by mines on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby jack roberts » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:19 am

yea his a sound bloke his brother also runs it with him simon baverstock, im fishing down there this weekend as it goes with simon and jason will let you no how i get on
jack roberts
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Postby dave » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:16 pm

a few of us on here were syndicate members on there and lost half a season wen it went tits up , funny though the bloke who helps run it was the sydicate leader there , result for him and his m8s eh
http://www.roughtempo.com/live.html tuesday nite 6 - 8 doughboy dnb show and me 10pm till 12pm sunday night
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby jack roberts » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:37 pm

iv never fished it. so i dont no what went on down there i diddnt even no jason run his own lake even tho i have known him for 15 years lol
jack roberts
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Postby mines » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:50 pm

Dave i must say im with jack on this one,ive never fished the place and i dont realy know the brothers who run it now.
BUT what i do know is there are sum lovely looking old fish in there and The people ive met/spoken to
were very help full.Im told the lake use to be in a bit of a mess PERSONALY i think it looks great now !!

ps. i will ask then about what you ment by it went tits up dave :?
Last edited by mines on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby jack roberts » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:47 pm

if you have a look at some off the pics that jason has caught on the website there are some lovely leather carp there and commons. looking forward to giving it ago im only gonna do a 12 hour session
jack roberts
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Postby mines » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:08 pm

dave i spoke to simons brother today he said things did go tits up a few years back and (it was up to each member to take it up with GREG/SNAGS)
He also said only SUM members lost the right to fish down there, as any existing member who was willing to help out with the hard
work to transform the lake to what it looks like now would still be alowd to fish untill the season ended.

sounds a fair trade to me (a bit of hard work for sum fishing in return) (y)
Last edited by mines on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby dave » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:52 pm

i was never informed of this , work to fish deal, and the ballif had my number , in fact wen i rang him to see why id heard i wasnt able to fish it i was told the land owner had stopped any1 going on the lake ! if the ballif told sum people why didnt he tell every1? i was gutted about not being able to fish a whole season as id paid for myself and my son to fish it and it was a lovely water . there wasnt that much work to be done and everytime i fished it took home any rubbish the dog walkers and other left on the lake . i just feel certain people proper benifitted from the F*** up and i lost money which isnt a gd thing
http://www.roughtempo.com/live.html tuesday nite 6 - 8 doughboy dnb show and me 10pm till 12pm sunday night
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby mines » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 pm

sory to hear that dave, i take it you wont be fishing down there then.
i must say thow it sounds like your issue is with GREG/SNAGS.
did you ask any of them for a refund :?:
Last edited by mines on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby Gonefishing...... » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:48 am

mines wrote:oh well dave unlucky :!: i take it you wont be fishing down there then.
i must say thow it sounds like your issue is with the person you paid your membership money to :?:
did you ask for a refund :?: i know i would have :!:

To be fair, I nearly joined myself, this was before snags took it on and the fella running it, I believe was known as Greg. Used to see him down Layer rd and offered me a deal. Didnt take it but you would never get a refund of him in a million years, also If you paid for the right to fish it for 12 months then that should be honoured by the change of lease-holder.

END OFF.

Ps A mate was a member for 1 year and the venue ALWAYS looked great, didnt need hardly anywork doing.

Pss If the guys running the garrison read this, top tip............. It had tons of roach, loose them and the bigguns will grow on and one or two would go 40's. They are serious bait fish in there.
It's fat, Its round and It Weighs .... LB.
Gonefishing......
Carp
Carp

Postby mines » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:17 pm

?? sorry but im geting a bit lost ??
Last edited by mines on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby dave » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:30 am

by mines » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:13 pm

oh well dave unlucky i take it you wont be fishing down there then.
i must say thow it sounds like your issue is with the person you paid your membership money to
did you ask for a refund i know i would have

OF COURSE I DID , but never told who actually had the lake , i paid my money to the bloke that runs it now , dont get fukin funny about or are u summit to do with the blokes running it now ?
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby mines » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:46 am

im even more confused now,so dave you gave your money to one of the old bailifs :?: sorry but i cant see the land owner re-renting the water to sumone who has rented it in the past and not paid his rent on time :!:

And dave please cut out the bad language embarrased it dont suit you.
or are you just trying to intimidate me.
Last edited by mines on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby mines » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:15 pm

i have been asked by one of the bailifs who look after the garrison now(not to post any more messages regarding the previous club/syndicate).
i was told QUOTE.these are things that happend in the past not whilst under our management.

And when i asked about peoples posts/replys.
i was told QUOTE.dont listen to everything people say.and if 95% of people who fish the lake now are happy and re-book
we must be doing sumthing wright. :D

GOOD LUCK to you boys i say (y) ....
Last edited by mines on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby Bivvirat » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:44 am

slim balls simon new what was going on and did nt tell any off us , because they took on the lease they should have honnered the members there right to fish till the end off the season . i gave my money to baverstock he carried on fishing it . yes he did do work partys but did nt tell us . it just leave a bad taste on what was a nice and still is a nice little runs water . but like the old saying goes he who laughs last and all that
Bivvirat
Carp
Carp

Postby mines » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:39 pm

I can asure everyone posting comments on this web page MY NAME IS NOT SIMON.
(and i am very sorry if i have brought up any bad vibes) :(

what i should of put in my VERY FIRST POST has any one fished down the garrison since its bean under NEW MANAGEMENT :?:

ps. bivvi rat did you and ya boy catch anything down SNAKE PIT the other week ?
Last edited by mines on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby rangemaster » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:38 pm

i use to look down the garrison a lot a few years back when i went to colchester and use to never see anyone down there.when i was at snags im sure i was told that greg who owned it never seemed to be around and hadent paid the rent so thats when there was problems but the current owners were nothing to do with it they have just got the place back on its feet and now its a well run and maintained water with some lovely fish in it.i have had roach/rudd hybrids to very good sizes off the top too not just good carp!
what happened in the past has been done it cannot be fixed now its a new page with new people
rangemaster
Bigmouth Billy Bass
Bigmouth Billy Bass

Postby dave » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:49 pm

im not trying to intimidate anyone and swearing does suit me . when i walked he lake the 1st time i met simon who told me that i could pay snags or him , he also told me about wat was in the lake etc , , he never got in contact to say about the problems that were going on or about the work to fish deal . wat im sayin is i feel i was left out of the loop in this and lost money yet certain people who knew wat was going on continued to fish it and still are . if you are part of running a syndi and u dont be upfront about stuff , people who lose out will feel agrieved about it . basicly wat it comes down too is this ....the lake went tits up and members lost their right to fish it ,no some members did while others still got to fish it and still do . it also works out that certain people knew wat was going on but didnt inform all the members just a select few . and the people who knew about the lake going tits up are now part of the crew running the water . just smells bad to me .

and yes u can call me elblanko if u wish (just remember how its spelt ) wink
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby mines » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:44 pm

sounds like one or two of you have just GOT IT IN FOR the new owners.

as i put in my last post has anyone fished the garrison since its bean under NEW MANAGEMENT :?:

this does not include any PAST MEMBERS who have fished it in the past...
Last edited by mines on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby Gonefishing...... » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:29 am

Well I'm with dave on this one.
Some were stitched UNFAIRLY.
You pay a years membership only to find leaseholder greg the hairdresser (used to fish snake years ago) aint paid the owner. Owner leases to other people to manage the water (who were already fishing as current members)..... some were aloud to fish on but others told to <font color=red><b>censored</b></font> off.

Its that plain an simple Im afraid. Wouldn't say Dave has it in for the people running it but appears they were in the know and looked after some members but not all ???, but then there will daves version, current leaseholders version and somewhere inbetween the truth ??. Evenso,,, theres no smoke without fire........

Also the lake was always in great condition, except when water level drops, the fish in there are serious feeders and not very elusive :lol: (thats a clue)...... (which you can guess very easily if you fished it over the last 4/5 years).

garrison is stunning lake with stunning fish and has alot of history, just curious here..... is tyson still swiming around ?.
Gonefishing......
Carp
Carp

Postby mines » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:52 pm

personaly if i had just paid out for a years rent/lease on a water,i dont think i would of let the existing members fish it for free,prehaps if they were to help out i would.
(after all WHY SHOULD I its not as if they paid me) :?
Last edited by mines on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby Bivvirat » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:50 pm

Mines im i right in saying i no you lol did we serve together and you ve put a little wait on lol or am i on the wrong lines :^)
Bivvirat
Carp
Carp

Postby dave » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:49 pm

dont call me eldicko u knob , i was there , i was putting my point across , you seem to be very defensive of the blokes that run it now for some1 who isnt involved :lol: i feel im right to feel agrieved and by sum of the post i think other understand why . im not gonna repeat myself anymore just for you ,mines, have i said something smells fishy ? if so i wont say it again :lol:
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby Gonefishing...... » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:52 am

mines wrote:sounds spot on gone fishing :arrow: you pay a years membership only to find out the lease holder greg aint paid the owner,owner leases to other people to manage the water (who are current members) and some are alowd to fish it till the end of the year this (explains the work for fishing) and others are not.

:? personaly if i had just paid out for a years rent/lease on a water,i dont think i would of let the existing members fish it for free!
after all WHY SHOULD I its not as if they paid me :?

But existing members would NOT be fishing for free, they paid for a years fishing, not their fault leaseholder changed and they were stitched up. The new leaseholder should of honoured their ticket till it expired or the so called "new " lease should of started when all existing tickets had expired.
Evenso if I was lucky to off got that lease, I would of handled it different, its about about morals, either have them or dont but theres no need to act like plums with the name calling (another clue for those who wana haul from the word go (y) ).
Gonefishing......
Carp
Carp

Postby mines » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:56 pm

bivvirat :arrow: no still well cold :lol:

dave :arrow: please calm down embarrased

and gone fishing :arrow: hows the motor doing :?:
Last edited by mines on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby rangemaster » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:35 pm

i guess the problem would still lye with the previous owner gonefishing because if people payed him for a year and he then didnt pay the rent and someone else payed the money for the lake then the previous owner should have refunded the members not the new owners as they would have just forked out ££££ for the lake themselves.and at the end of the day if you have just forked out ££££ for something then tbh its up to you who you decide will benefit from it.think about it in the way of a house.if person A shared the house with person B,C and D and person A didnt pay the rent then person E came and brought the property,it wouldnt give person B,C and D the right to live there still just because they were stitched up by person A.the only person to blame in this situation is the previous owner of the lake the current owners have payed there money so tbh its entirely up to them what they do with it.its a <font color=red><b>censored</b></font> for people like you dave who lost out on money and fishing rights because of the previous owners personal greed as i know when i spoke to you when you had been fishing there that you loved the place.its such a shame that these days too many people are more interested in lining there own pockets and dont mind stitching up good honest people to do it.i know that if caps happened to loose bovvy 2 half way through the season and i was rich enough to buy the lake i wouldnt let all the caps members fish it . . . .(id still blank there too lol)
anyway i think this thread has drifted very far off topic it was about people who are fishing there now not digging up previous issues so lets get back on the subject anyone been fishing it at all?mines when is your session booked must be soon now?
rangemaster
Bigmouth Billy Bass
Bigmouth Billy Bass

Postby mines » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:45 am

well said range master.and yes it is geting close around 2 weeks away now (y)
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby Gonefishing...... » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:20 am

mines wrote:bivvirat :arrow: no still well cold :lol:

dave :arrow: the only thing i can smell from your direction is bull **** :lol:

and gone fishing :arrow: hows the motor doing :?:

Confused ??? DO I know you mines ?? and which motor ???.

Ope you catch on your session, its a puka water.
Gonefishing......
Carp
Carp

Postby dave » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:47 pm

MINES its not bullshit and u saying it is just shows you dont know wat happened ...its a grt little water and ive recomended it in the past yes sam i loved my time there and thats wat pissed me off ....i lost my ticket yet others were informed of how to carry on fishing it . makes me laugh that mines comes on here asking things he prob already knows , in my opinion mines is something to do with the running of the water but has come on here pretending his is not , then talks S*** at me when he feels he is being slated(wen in fact he wasnt ) his recent posts makes me sure he is running or involved in the running of the garrison. if it works out he is something to do with it it will mk people see that underhand sneaky S*** does happen and then people can see 4 themselves why i feel pissed off.
if any1 reading this gets the chance to fish the garrison.....id say go for it , its a lovely water but the bullshit pretending to be a punter really shows me (and not just me ) that i was shafted
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby Fcuked Off » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Basically take 2 ordinary guys, we will call them Dave and Lucky. Both pay £400 on the same day to fish for one year at a syndicate lake.

After 3 months Dave and Lucky are told that the syndicate is going tits up ( never nice ). Lucky is told that he can fish for the remaining 9 months of his yearly ticket if he does a work party or two, and Dave is told to F off, he is not allowed to fish any more.

This means that Lucky has had his £400 worth of fishing ( 12 months ) and Dave has had £100 of fishing but actually paid £400 for the privilege.

Who is the peeded off guy???

All names are fictitious and any resemblance to anybody living or otherwise is purely coincidence

I have no interest in fishing this water no matter how nice it is, unless that is they want to get rid of some silvers wink
Fcuked Off
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby dave » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:27 pm

lol kevan , there are loadsa sivers in there ......even i used to fill a keepnet :eek: ,
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby Gonefishing...... » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many silvers..... all you need is loada crust an a landing net.
can fill it without even setting a rod up !!!!!!!!!!!.

Hence my earlier post....... loose em and garrison will throw up a surprise or two very quickly !!!!!!!!!!!!.

Romour has it the silvers were diseased but can not confirm, if they healthy would be worth some cash ............. exchange for more carp ????.

Maybe 1 cat would thin them down............. would endup a bloody big cat :lol:
Gonefishing......
Carp
Carp

Postby mines » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:54 pm

To be honest with every one the only reason i started this post/topic is to see if i could drum up sum business for the guys running it now.if i knew it was gana turn in to an argument i would never of started it :!:

to the NEW GUYS who are running it now i say (GOOD LUCK TO YA :!: )
Last edited by mines on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mines
Dace
Dace

Postby dave » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:49 am

PRICK , you think u know me but you dont know the real me , F*** off run ya lake and carry on the bullshit and smarming people will see through it , if u aint summit to do with it tell us ya real name and ask kim to verify it . i have to say u r right on 2 things .................
1 weve never met

2 we defo wouldnt get on if we did
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby Fcuked Off » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:01 am

dave wrote:lol kevan , there are loadsa sivers in there ......even i used to fill a keepnet :eek: ,

Bleeding hell the place must be stuffed if you managed to catch even one Dave :D
Fcuked Off
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby Bivvirat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:36 am

getting a bit over the top mines . not the best way to advertise your lake , yes i no who your are get a hair cut :lol:
Bivvirat
Carp
Carp

Postby a garcia » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:35 pm

thinking to part with some cash for a weekend, but better to give it to someonelse i think.
a garcia
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Next

Return to Questions