walthamstow res!!

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

walthamstow res!!

Postby crippo0 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi guys, Im thinking of going fishing at walthamstow res has anyone got any ideas of rules eg bait,rigs etc.Also which lake to fish,im taking a freind who is fairly new to fishing so wondered which one would be best.I have been told to look for fish and keep mobile as a tactic? what about spodding?? cheers for any info wink (y)
crippo0
Worm
Worm

Re: walthamstow res!!

Postby crippo0 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:25 pm

glad i asked now 29 views no replies,thanks guys/girls.should not of bothered,forgot its only for arguments and moaning!!!! :lol: wink
crippo0
Worm
Worm

Postby vinyljunkie » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:10 am

if your mates fairly new to fishing and you wanna catch a few go on No1 which is the first lake you come to on your right as you walk towards the lakes no2 is on ur left and you can walk the path between em and decide then.

its a tenner for a day ticket for two rods and u can fish 1-2-and i think 3 just take ur pick when u stroll round. another tip dont take banksticks if your going to fish No1 as they are concrete resevoirs and u will stand no chance of getting em in !

Nash baits go in their by the Ton and the scopex squid is a favorite and will see you catch a few. the majority of people on 1 will be casting to the island which also seems to produce alot of fish.

i am pretty sure its barbless only and i heared a romour they have banned spodding on no 1 because the tree on the island was starting to look like a christmas tree.

The resi's are a massive complex and it will take you 10 mins to get from the carpark to no1 so stay light and mobile! it does also get very busy and if its fishing well it gets even busier !

i sometimes pop down their after work as i can pretty much see it from my place and its only a fiver for an afternoon with two rods can't complain with that.

also the rangers down although not all carp fisherman will be more than happy to point you in the right direction and tell u what they know or have heared!

enjoy Tight Lines

Dan ;)
vinyljunkie
Perch
Perch

Postby crippo0 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:59 pm

Thanks very much Dan much appreciated,will probably do 1 or 2.I have spoke to the baillif over the phone and he was very helpfull said there was not many rules just said no tigers!!!he said bait boats were allowed?????.just stick with the spod i think,shall be going on monday,hopefully not too busy and fishing well.once again thanks for the advice mate.
crippo0
Worm
Worm

Postby vinyljunkie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:41 am

crippo0 wrote:Thanks very much Dan much appreciated,will probably do 1 or 2.I have spoke to the baillif over the phone and he was very helpfull said there was not many rules just said no tigers!!!he said bait boats were allowed?????.just stick with the spod i think,shall be going on monday,hopefully not too busy and fishing well.once again thanks for the advice mate.

2 i think is much prettier and doesn't seem to get as busy as one + you can get ur banksticks in the ground, but 1 should see you more runs ! and watch out for the seaguls if you think their clued up with their bait grabbing at layer just wait til you try and get a pouch of boilies out at Walthamstow lol + ;)
Tight Lines Fella !
vinyljunkie
Perch
Perch

Postby divedemon69 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:50 pm

mainline cell or grange go in a lot too.no.1 is more of a runs water and they put a load more in there over the winter.pretty bleak over there during the winter and as above,travel light!.
divedemon69
Bream
Bream

Return to Questions