wheres widey

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

wheres widey

Postby dave whittaker » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:25 pm

:?: anyone seen the wide boy :?: has the baby curtailed his fishing exploits :?:
www.carpy.co.uk
its the way forward
dave whittaker
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby webmaster » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:26 pm

I was wondering the same before xmas, so I got in touch with him. He is alive and well, the new addition in the family has interrupted his fishing and he is now chompiing ant the bit ready to do some more when the weather warms up, once he gets back in the swing he will probably start back on here again.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dave whittaker » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:47 pm

:D good lad wish him well :D
www.carpy.co.uk
its the way forward
dave whittaker
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby Cockney Wideboy » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:44 pm

Hey peeps,

The birth of my baby boy pretty much coincided with what was just about the busiest time at work I've had for a good few years. So; I self imposed a fishing exile upon myself and decided to do it 'cold turkey' style. That entailed zero fishing (obviously), zero reading about fishing and pretty much zero talking about fishing. The sort of person that I am meant that if I weren't able to fish, the constant reading and talking fishing would have had me climbing the walls! My exile was both self-imposed and due to a complete lack of energy and time!

My 'enforced' fishing layoff sort of officially ended last weekend with my first night in about 7 months at Bov 1.....where I blanked. Boy did it feel good though! I have been 'advised' that I will be able to do more fishing in the future - although past experiences have taught me to accept such advice with the proverbial pinch. The rods are always ready for those occasions when my blatant grovelling and hollow graft round the house has the desired effect.

In the meantime, with the anticipation of further fishing truly alive, I now have to spend some time (mine and work's) trawling through what I have missed on here.....

Cheers peeps for your concern. I have to say the the one thing I have missed is this place.
I may be the voice of reason. The wife is the voice of permission. N-Butyric acid; for the ultimate in stinkiness.

Wideboy
Cockney Wideboy
Carp
Carp

Postby dave whittaker » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:29 pm

welcome back old chap ,tight lines mate :D :D
www.carpy.co.uk
its the way forward
dave whittaker
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby Dave B » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:36 pm

It's OK Widey, we've just been killing time 'til you got back. :lol:

Welcome back fella :D
A worm on one end and a fool on the other. Probably in the rain, possibly inebriated and invariably fish-less.
Dave B
Catfish
Catfish

Postby webmaster » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:55 pm

Your presence and comments have been missed Widey. all we need now is Nathan Crowley and battle can commence again..... :lol:
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions