Oh dear what now

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

Oh dear what now

Postby Holyjo » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:54 pm

As a result of being away for a few weeks I havent done my membership yet. I am intending to do it tommorrow. Am I penalised n any way for being a bit late

I hope not
Holyjo
Carp
Carp

Postby TomB » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:37 pm

Whenever Dave, sooner rather than later :wink:
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby rangemaster » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:05 pm

i am getting mine tomorrow as well then off to prestons tuesday for a couple of nights :wink:
I joined the darkside and i wont ever look back
rangemaster
Bigmouth Billy Bass
Bigmouth Billy Bass

Postby John » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:14 pm

dont forget your rod licenses too :)
John Robertson
John
Carp
Carp

Postby Holyjo » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:36 pm

Always do the license on line these days but thanks Tom will post tommorrow
Holyjo
Carp
Carp

Postby TomB » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:00 am

..........but I'm sure a penalty could be devised, how do you feel about a bit of public flogging in Houchins car park :shock:
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby Holyjo » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:30 am

Now your talking.................Thats a punishment???????????????????????
Holyjo
Carp
Carp

Postby Cockney Wideboy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:08 am

Just did mine (membership & licences) on Saturday. Another £107.50 gone.

<sigh>
I may be the voice of reason. The wife is the voice of permission. N-Butyric acid; for the ultimate in stinkiness.

Wideboy
Cockney Wideboy
Carp
Carp

public flogging

Postby madaboutsilurus » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:30 am

unfortunately i did my membership the other day. can i cancel it so that i can get the public flogging at houchins please.
one small step for man and one giant step for mankind, flange the ultimate in stinkiness.
madaboutsilurus
Catfish
Catfish

Postby rangemaster » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:49 pm

i got mine re-done today,the sticker on the back of the card looks nice :shock:
I joined the darkside and i wont ever look back
rangemaster
Bigmouth Billy Bass
Bigmouth Billy Bass

Postby tolly » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:09 pm

yea i got mine on the first that only 25 quid that we have to spend :lol: just wonderin how much is it for an adult rod license :?:
minge potato
tolly
Pike
Pike

Postby Fcuked Off » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:13 pm

£23.50, if you do it online, can't remember how much it is by going into a post office.
Fcuked Off
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby TomB » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:57 pm

Mad, I'm sure something could be arranged :lol: :lol:
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby madaboutsilurus » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:07 pm

as long as you dont mind me wearing rubber waders and a nash camou thong i will pay for your liscence
one small step for man and one giant step for mankind, flange the ultimate in stinkiness.
madaboutsilurus
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Cockney Wideboy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:08 pm

Its still £23.50 in the PO - FOR ONE!

So annoying having to buy two! Another example of carper discrimination...! Grrrrr!

Should be a concession for purchasing 2 licences. I mean; who can name a water that I (a syndicate non-member) can fish 4 rods? Just tell me and I'm there.....

I don't begrudge it REALLY - but the system should be fairer so that less law abiding anglers than myself actually WANT to toe the line and buy that required licence to allow them to fish 3 rods and not break the law. Because we all know it happens - and on a large scale too.

You give a little - you get a little. Tis the way of things.
I may be the voice of reason. The wife is the voice of permission. N-Butyric acid; for the ultimate in stinkiness.

Wideboy
Cockney Wideboy
Carp
Carp

Postby Fcuked Off » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:55 am

Cockney Wideboy wrote:
So annoying having to buy two! Another example of carper discrimination...! Grrrrr!

I know what you mean Widey, although I am not sure that it is just discrimination against carpers. Although I have the option to fish with 2 rods, it is something that I have not practised over the last 10 years or so. During a match I am breaking the rules by using 2 rods OR if I have a hook in the water I am not allowed to cup bait in using a pole as this is deemed as using a second rod!!.

So match anglers are just as discriminated upon as we pay £23.50 to use only 1 rod, at least you do use your full entitlement of one licence most of the time :D :D

Fishing in the style that I do using 2 rods would be unsafe IMHO as I can have 2 bites at the same time and only be able to hook/play 1 fish leaving the hungry little perch on the other to swallow the bait past it balls, meaning a surgical procedure is needed to extract the hook. In most cases this is going to lead to the fish not feeling too well. It is something that I have seen time and time again when anglers are fishing for bits using 2 rods.

Using 2 or more for bigger fish is fine as it most unlikely that more than one will have fish on at the same time. Although it does happen, it is rather against the norm.

How does the licence work, if for example....

You have 3 baited rods in the water, a marker float out and are spodding. Does this mean that you are using 3, 4 or 5 rods?.

Not that I am trying to get anybody to buy a third EA licence I am just interested as to the rules etc.
Fcuked Off
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby madaboutsilurus » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:34 pm

There was clarification sought from the EA in response to that question when a guy was threatened by an EA baliff as he was using his marker rod.

There is disparity across the country as local departments intepret things differently.

The general ruling is that you require a liscence to cover each of the rods that has the capability to catch a fish. this was deemed to mean actually hook a fish rather than aid the catching of a fish by applying bait or finding a feature. Thiw was for the Thames and southern region EA.
madaboutsilurus
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Dave B » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:08 pm

That's the trouble with the current set up. It all needs clarifying :? .

Is it a Fishing Licence or a Rod Licence? If it's a Fishing Licence then it is, by definition, a licence to fish with any equipment the laws that govern the water being fished allow.

If it's a Rod Licence then it should cover 1 rod per licence and you buy as many as you need.

Simple really(?)

P.S. As for licences for marker rods............... :roll:
A worm on one end and a fool on the other. Probably in the rain, possibly inebriated and invariably fish-less.
Dave B
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Dave Davies » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:42 pm

Be handy though, Dave, if you were fishing next to some crazed individual thrashing the water with a marker rod to sidle up to him and ask if he had a licence!
Dave Davies
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Dave B » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:47 am

Ah, you've seen me "fishing" then.
A worm on one end and a fool on the other. Probably in the rain, possibly inebriated and invariably fish-less.
Dave B
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Gormer » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:12 pm

both camelot and suffolk water park u can use 4 rods lol not that i would, i can only just handle 3 rods and thats with out even catching :oops:
Im back for 07 lol
Gormer
Carp
Carp

Return to Questions