strange events

General Questions, any member can post here.
NOTE : Please bear in mind that any posts made in this area can be viewd by non members.

Moderator: The Laird

strange events

Postby dave » Mon May 02, 2005 9:19 pm

i was wondering if anyone had ever had anything weird happen on bovvy 1 ?sunday night i was fishing down in the bay and at eleven oclock i was laying on my bedchair listening to the fish jumping out and laughing at me when i heard bells obviously from the village church(which id never heard before) i counted the chimes while stairing at the spiders on my brolly when out of the corner of my eye i saw someone walk past but i didnt here anything i thought it was weird so i got up out from under my brolly and looked to see if i could see them it was only about 2 -5 seconds since i saw them but noone was there :shock: i even walked up the path to the fence but still nothing :shock: :shock: :shock: he had a hat on like the ones in 60s films and had a walking stick well that was what i thought it was another strange thing was he never walked on the path bit he was only about a foot away from my brolly which meant he was walked on a sloping bit of ground which was muddy and wet and slippery :?:
http://www.roughtempo.com/live.html tuesday nite 6 - 8 doughboy dnb show and me 10pm till 12pm sunday night
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby madaboutsilurus » Mon May 02, 2005 10:45 pm

i think the secret was in the bells and sill hat. i think it was dave ball on a reconaisence excercise and when the bells sounded he probably thought it was signalling that he had to buy a round thats why he went into stealth mode and done a runner.
one small step for man and one giant step for mankind, flange the ultimate in stinkiness.
madaboutsilurus
Catfish
Catfish

Postby dave whittaker » Tue May 03, 2005 8:46 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
www.carpy.co.uk
its the way forward
dave whittaker
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby Cockney Wideboy » Tue May 03, 2005 9:29 am

Spoooooky....

That was nice to read seeing in about 2 weeks time I'm going to be doing a few days at Bov 1 on my own....

....anyone fancy going along with me....anyone??
I may be the voice of reason. The wife is the voice of permission. N-Butyric acid; for the ultimate in stinkiness.

Wideboy
Cockney Wideboy
Carp
Carp

Postby Dave B » Tue May 03, 2005 11:10 am

Sounds like there's already someone there WAITING FOR YOU..........WOOOOOOOOOO!
A worm on one end and a fool on the other. Probably in the rain, possibly inebriated and invariably fish-less.
Dave B
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Big_Al » Tue May 03, 2005 5:34 pm

reminds me of the discussion on drink and drugs a while ago.

Only joking :lol:
Big_Al
Bream
Bream

strange events

Postby thomas » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:51 am

i was fishing in als bar at snake one night,it was still and very peacefull it was about 3am,i had heard the odd small fish jump through the night but no action had taken place when all of a sudden the wind picked up to a fierce ne wind thrashing in the corner(within 5 seconds)then it went so still it was spooky, but that was not it i could hear singing from two children i went to investigate as it was coming from the woods. as i got nearer a treee smashed down infront of me(it was still so windless)what caused this to happen i do not know,but it went really quiet apart from the singing was still there,when all of a sudden somthing knocked me off my feet and pushed right back down the path all the way down the steps.i could not move it was as if a giant cow was laying on me,i was stuck there until dawn,when i got free i packed up so fast and went back to my car,it wasnt there,not only had i been truly shaken up by somthing i could not explain i had had my car stolen by the kids from the home. not bovingdon but a strange storie never the less.
thomas

Strange events.

Postby chris1@1red » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:36 pm

Do you think it's possible, the kids hit you with something? If not what was on top of you?

Scary business m8.
chris1@1red
Chub
Chub

Postby specimenhunter » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:35 pm

i went to bovvy 2 one evening to look at a bivvy that was advertised on here in the for sale section arrived to be confronted with................................................

dave w and josh :!: now thats scary :lol:
if a woman says "you love fishing more than me" .............. just AGREE!

Disclaimer

Not trying to argue just VOICING MY OPINION, no offence meant and was not trying to be malicious in anyway!
specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby dave » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:53 pm

rarrrrrrrrrrrr growlllllllllllllllllllll :lol:
http://www.roughtempo.com/live.html tuesday nite 6 - 8 doughboy dnb show and me 10pm till 12pm sunday night
dave
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby Acorns » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:48 pm

Do you know what I think, I think Dave (Aka Carp Angler) was sitting on Bov 1 (Aka Carp Water) and a horrible thought (other than work) came to mind.

He thought that all those "Fair Weather" bivvie boys (Aka Carp Anglers) will be desending upon Bovington (Aka Carp Water) in the coming weeks and I think Dave (Aka Carp Angler) wants the water to himself :lol: :lol: :lol:

So how best to keep all the bivvie boys away than tell a ghostly story 8) 8) 8) and hope they all cack themselves :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Try Fella.......

:bigcool: :bigcool:
Acorns

Postby Tom W » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:42 pm

spooky
Tom W
Worm
Worm

Return to Questions