Technical assistance required

Got a problem with the website? Check here before you do anything else.
This section is solely for reporting problems with the forum or asking questions about using this forum.

Moderator: The Laird

Technical assistance required

Postby The Laird » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:03 pm

Dear Technical Support,

18 months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from DrinkingMates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.
To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications, such as LadsNightOut 3.1, Football 4.5, and Playboy 6.9. Successive versions of GirlFriend proved no better. I tried a shareware program, Slapper 2.1, but it had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks.
Eventually, I tried to run GirlFriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other they caused severe damage to my hardware. I eventually upgraded to Fiancée 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSe xPlus and Cleanhouse2005. Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and could not be deleted. Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail filter,and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and Multi-Whinge.
These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is.
Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and Hairstyle Express which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Saab 93 Convertible hard drive, it often crashes. Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called MotherInLaw, which can't be turned off.
Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2005 but there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2005 it tends to delete all of your Money before uinstalling itself.

HELP REQUESTED PLEASE!
Cheers

Laird Kim of Lochaber

Angling Essentials, Witham. 0845 838 1566 (local rate)
Shop hours 9am-5pm - Closed All Day Wednesday & Sunday
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Location: Angling Essentials, Witham. 0845 838 1566 (local rate)

Postby shogbof » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:29 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hilarious kim :!:
leave it!
shogbof
Chub
Chub

Postby specimenhunter » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:18 pm

thats ace kim where do u get alkl this stuff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
if a woman says "you love fishing more than me" .............. just AGREE!

Disclaimer

Not trying to argue just VOICING MY OPINION, no offence meant and was not trying to be malicious in anyway!
specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby madaboutsilurus » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:47 pm

That is hillarious Kim, so much so that I got the wife to come and have a read she got three quarters of the way through before delivering a short sharp whack to my wedding tackle. This is a draw back when showing the material on a lap to.
one small step for man and one giant step for mankind, flange the ultimate in stinkiness.
madaboutsilurus
Catfish
Catfish

Return to Help!