Layer Upgrades

Important Notices and messages will be posted here.

Moderator: The Laird

Layer Upgrades

Postby TomB » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:20 pm

One important announcement that was made at the A.G.M. but appears to have been forgotten, is the change in the way members can obtain Layer Upgrades.

In the past it was required that those wishing to fish Layer would attend four work parties, then pay an upgrade fee of £30.00 (adult) and hey presto, they could fish Layer. This was a "one off " arrangement, i.e. they only had to attend four work parties to enable them to fish Layer for the rest of their life, assuming their C.A.P.S. membership didn't lapse.

This ruling caused a lot of consternation amongst those members who were unable to attend work parties for whatever reason e.g work commitments, disability, distance or pure laziness.

This ruling has now been changed, members can still do four work parties, but they now have the option to "buy themselves out of work parties "

It works like this, each work party is notionally valued at £25.00, therefore a member who can only attend two work parties may buy himself out of the other two for the sum of £50.00 (£25.00 x 2)

OR

The member may decide not to attend any work parties but could buy himself out for £100.00 (£25 x 4)

Any combination is available, e.g. one work party + £75.00, three work parties + £25.00.

The upgrade fee is still payable i.e. £30.00 (adult)

To sum up, if a member really can't attend any work parties, he can still fish Layer like this:

C.A.P.S membership = £66.00 (adult)
No work parties =£100.00
Layer upgrade = £30.00

Total =£196.00

Again the fee in lieu of work parties and the upgrade fee are "one offs" and in future years only the C.A.P.S. membership fee would be payable.

I would like to point out, that from the committee's point of view, we would still prefer members to attend work parties as there is always plenty to do.
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby TomB » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:21 pm

Only available through the Membership Secretary.
TomB
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Return to Messages and Announcements