Stan Nicholls

Important Notices and messages will be posted here.

Moderator: The Laird

Stan Nicholls

Postby Acorns Limps Again » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:21 am

It is with a very heavy heart that I have to inform you that Stan Nicholls died late last night from a cancer related illness. Stan had been a very active member of the society for more than 40yrs. During this time he held various positions within the Executive Committee and had only just retired after a stint as Hon. Secretary. For his services to the society he had been appointed to the role of Vice President and was one of the society's Trustees.

He will be sorely missed by those who knew him well and those he had helped out whilst fishing or at a work party, he was a true Gentleman.

Regards

Steve Dormer
Hon. Secretary
Take only Memories, Leave only Foot Prints
Acorns Limps Again
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Postby SamB » Fri May 30, 2008 11:43 pm

I only heard about this the other night and saw his bench down at prestons, really nice guy met him a couple of times down prestons, he allways had time for a chat really nice chap, sad to hear about him passing away.
25lb Prestons common, about time.
SamB
Catfish
Catfish

Postby pit man » Sat May 31, 2008 12:59 am

F***in hell such a shame.....there are some blokes in life we will all meet that and they dont desever to leave us at such a young age. either way my regaurds are with his family.

just an idea...is it possiable to have a "match on one of our lake (every year) named after stan" in respect of such truely top guy!...that will always be missed!.
pit man
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Wayne Clarke » Sat May 31, 2008 11:00 am

There is a match already but it is currently committee only. It was held a couple of weeks ago.
Wayne Clarke
CAPS Committee Member
CAPS Committee Member

Return to Messages and Announcements