Fishinng Tackle Theft

Anything that is lost or found at any of our waters can be listed here.
If you have had your fishing tackle stolen or know of anybody who has had their tackle stolen let us know by putting it on here.

Moderator: The Laird

Fishinng Tackle Theft

Postby The Laird » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:19 pm

Over recent years there has been an alarming increase in the theft of Fishing Tackle from sheds and garages etc.

In an effort to help combat this, if have had your gear stolen or know of anone who has had their gear stolen why not list it on here just in case any one of our members gets offered some gear.

Please leave a list of the equipment and a contact email address or phone number.

I buy and sell second hand fishing tackle and would hate to sell something that had been stolen and only found out when it was too late.
Last edited by The Laird on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Location: Angling Essentials, Witham. 0845 838 1566 (local rate)

Postby Dave B » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:55 pm

Good Idea - thieving scumbags.

I had all my tackle stolen about 10 years ago and know how devastating it is. I was ready to kill that day I can tell you :evil:

Rods, reels, bags etc. can all be replaced provided your insured (really, make sure you are lads), but it's the irreplaceable items like the bits you've collected over the years. The worst thing for me was that I had a few really good fish pics on the allmost full roll of film in the camera which went with it. :cry:
A worm on one end and a fool on the other. Probably in the rain, possibly inebriated and invariably fish-less.
Dave B
Catfish
Catfish

Postby spiv » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:46 pm

i had my stuff nicked about 7 years ago lucky for me they did not get very far, to much to carry for the little gits it was found a few days later only thing missing was a dirty cloth that stunk of fish :D
spiv
Chub
Chub

Postby Acorns » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:34 pm

Spiv,

You really need to wash more often.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Acorns

Postby tolly » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:55 pm

i think this is a brillant section and does this count if it gets stolen on the lake?? as i had my equiptment stolen at a lake and i was really angry i know it might not have been as much as some of you guys but for a 13-14 year old boy it was very expensive to replace.... then they can get banned hahahahah
minge potato
tolly
Pike
Pike

Postby The Laird » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:08 pm

I had my Holdall and Rucksack nicked about 9 years ago (nearly £4000 worth), I kept hoping that some numpty would come in the shop and try to sell it to me, its probably fortunate that he didnt as I would have been behind bars now if he had........
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby colin the carper » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:03 am

mine got nicked but it was kind of are fault because i went fishing with my dad and we went two pebmarsh for the day and we got back about 11:30 pm so we torght save us the troble bringing it in because we were going to olivers in the morning we will only bring our rods because the were ont the roof rak and my dad brang his fishing bag because it was new and we left evry thing else in the car covered so we got in went to bed and woke up at 4:30 am got ready my dad had a look out of the window and he said my cars gone and i said your having a joke in ya because it was in a flat there was a rd behind us and when that gets packed he parks it round the back i had a look round the back and no bloody car my hart was going big time. all my money i had went on my gearso i was prity p***ed off so the car was gone and to top it off so was are gear so i will give u a tip dont get lazy :D :cry: :therethere:
colin the carper wearing a parker
a mod is a way of life
sorry about spelling
no longer blank king
colin the carper
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Moth » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:52 pm

Mine got knicked when I was on holiday in wales when I was 14 years old., it was all new stuff, i had only had it 2 weeks, we had packed to go home the night before, the stuff was on the roof rack and when we woke up all my new stuff had gone and my uncle's old stuff was still there. :cry:
I then gave up fresh water fishing until 5 years ago. still haven't got over it ,26 years later ! :cry:
Moth
Catfish
Catfish

Postby specimenhunter » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:06 pm

ive had so called freinds half inch bits and pieces when fishing but have got em bak in the end apart from my digital camera i got hold of the person though so sorted :lol: :wink:

this is the reason there is allways a baseball bat named bertie in my bivvy i hope i never need it but in this day and age i aint takin a chance :twisted:
if a woman says "you love fishing more than me" .............. just AGREE!

Disclaimer

Not trying to argue just VOICING MY OPINION, no offence meant and was not trying to be malicious in anyway!
specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby dave whittaker » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:12 am

:roll: baseball bat how crude
www.carpy.co.uk
its the way forward
dave whittaker
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby The Laird » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:46 pm

A Smith & Wesson 45 Magnum is extremely effective

:bigsnigger:
The Laird
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby specimenhunter » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:52 pm

or a madabout now thats effective :lol:

and if things get heavy bring out the flange :lol:

Disclaimer

Not trying to argue just VOICING MY OPINION, no offence meant and was not trying to be malicious in anyway!
specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby specimenhunter » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:06 pm

another idea is if you have fished a lake b4 and know a theif report to committee so they are aware if that person trys to join our club

PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN A CURE :?:

Disclaimer

specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Stolen fishing gear

Postby chris1@1red » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:25 pm

As Kim states, stolen fishing equipment is a big problem. Some of my gear I brought from Kim's shop new, that can't be stolen, but many other items of my tackle I brought second hand from eBay, plus other items out of some blokes garage I can not be 100% sure that it's legit :(

:idea: I'm going to ultra violet my tackle.

Some other tackle I brought from another shop new also, I can not be 100% sure those second hand items are legit I could have been buying stolen goods all my life and not have known it.

How are we meant to know this till it's to late and we've been knicked :?:
chris1@1red
Chub
Chub

stolen gear

Postby stevep3577 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:45 pm

I have been told stories of guys spraying CS gas into bivies while the angler is sleeping and then nicking all there gear after giving them a pasting. Think this happens on lakes closer to London though.

I also had all my gear nicked from my shed. Luckily the house insurance paid out. I have better gear now than i would have ever been able to afford thanks to the thieving barst*ds. if the insurance hadnt of paid out it would have taken me years to build up my gear again.
stevep3577
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Postby jimshelley » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:49 pm

cut there hands off :twisted:
uncle jim
KIR
tuition hotline 07956646056
carpys bull/sh@t
jimshelley
Crucian
Crucian