Insurnace?

Anything that is lost or found at any of our waters can be listed here.
If you have had your fishing tackle stolen or know of anybody who has had their tackle stolen let us know by putting it on here.

Moderator: The Laird

Insurnace?

Postby leeboy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:23 am

Does anyone know of any good (reliable!) insurance companies that deal in policies for fishing tackle insurance. My gear is kept in doors, but you never know what might happen. I'm sure i've been guilty of leaving it in the car while having a quick look at the lake, so if anyone has insurance that covers both please let me know. Would be interested to get an idea of how much it would cost as well.
leeboy
Rudd
Rudd

Postby Cockney Wideboy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:01 am

Try Tackleguard by Pavillion Insurance. Pretty good and reasonably cheap too. Your home contents insurance should cover your gear when its at home though - although Tackleguard say they will insure your contents at home if your contents insurance does not cover it.
I may be the voice of reason. The wife is the voice of permission. N-Butyric acid; for the ultimate in stinkiness.

Wideboy
Cockney Wideboy
Carp
Carp

Postby specimenhunter » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:16 am

u have to have 5 lever deadlocks though so check before u buy
if a woman says "you love fishing more than me" .............. just AGREE!

Disclaimer

Not trying to argue just VOICING MY OPINION, no offence meant and was not trying to be malicious in anyway!
specimenhunter
Catfish
Catfish

Postby Cockney Wideboy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:43 am

Insured my stuff yesterday with Tackleguard for £60 for the year. That gives me £3500 of cover - which covers me if all my stuff is nicked from my car (along with the car!) or from my house - or more likely; if I wake up and some scrote has made it off with my rods/reels/buzzers/pod/swingers while I've been sleeping. Sadly necessary nowdays.
I may be the voice of reason. The wife is the voice of permission. N-Butyric acid; for the ultimate in stinkiness.

Wideboy
Cockney Wideboy
Carp
Carp

Postby leeboy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:43 am

Thanks for the info. Its a shame we have to have it, but you hear about more and more people having tackle nicked these days. It doesn't sound like its a massive problem on CAPS waters (yet?) but for 60 quid i'd rather have the piece of mind.
leeboy
Rudd
Rudd

Postby dave whittaker » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:43 pm

mine is covered by my house insurance up to 4500 which includes abroad trips as well as home and on the bank, theft and also if i fall on my gear its also covered
www.carpy.co.uk
its the way forward
dave whittaker
Ex Committee Member
Ex Committee Member

Postby markymarkw » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:16 am

dave whittaker wrote:and also if i fall on my gear its also covered

Good choice. Cos if you did fall on it, there would be nothing left. Eh chubby!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
markymarkw
Dace
Dace

Postby rangemaster » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:15 pm

thats the only way you are going to get a run dave!
I joined the darkside and i wont ever look back
rangemaster
Bigmouth Billy Bass
Bigmouth Billy Bass

Return to Lost, Found or Stolen