houchins alert

Anything that is lost or found at any of our waters can be listed here.
If you have had your fishing tackle stolen or know of anybody who has had their tackle stolen let us know by putting it on here.

Moderator: The Laird

houchins alert

Postby divedemon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:16 pm

sad news i'm afraid chaps.i fished houchins on monday22 june and had packed up and on the way back to the car park,stopped to chat to another angler for a while and whilst we were talking a guy walked down with some gear which he put down and returned to his car for the rest of his stuff.whilst he was gone,the only other anglers on the lake who had just finished packing up suddenly shot off.when the guy returned to his swim his reels had vanished. the culprits(another word for thieving scum) were 2 young lads late teens/early 20's and driving a light blue fiat punto.apparently they are regulars over there on a sun night?. as far as i know this has been reported to bayliff but been warned about leaving tackle unattended.i'm sure somebody will come back with the line about "well you shouldn't leave it unatteneded etc" but where has all the respect gone.
divedemon
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Re: houchins alert

Postby BAZA » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:11 pm

Very interesting, I was fishing Bradwell Sunday night and was visited by two young lads early 20's who told me they was going to fish at Houchins that night, I then got back to my car Monday morning 22nd to find one of my tires let down and my rear windscreen wiper stolen. They were the only two people that I had seen and I was the only person on the lake that night. Is this some sort of strange coincidence??????? :evil: I believe one of the lads likes to fish for the eels at Houchins and has reportedly caught eels to about 9lb.
BAZA
Eel
Eel

Postby popsmurf » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:44 am

Coincident ???? i doubt it ! sounds like we got some scum morons lurkin around our lakes. I would def make a report to the old bill incase your reels turn up though.

lets hope they turn up at a lake and mess with my motor, cus ill find the little F*** faces and F*** up their faces, oh and burn their poofy punto to the ground.

sorry but scum like this really make me mad. but as the law states innocent untill proven guilty and in this day and age the S***s could be standing there with your reels in each hand and your blades stickin out of their ears and there still wouldnt be enough evidence to prosecute.
popsmurf
Tench
Tench

Postby Dave B » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:58 pm

There must be some out there that know who these scum are from the description. Come on, do the right thing.

The rest of us will be on the look out for them and thier gay car. 8o|
A worm on one end and a fool on the other. Probably in the rain, possibly inebriated and invariably fish-less.
Dave B
Catfish
Catfish

Postby brookie » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:52 am

angry hope u find out who they r i would b going mad :eek:
brookie
Minnow

Postby bigcatmike » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:32 am

hi i was at houchins on that sunday eve till about 10.30 two young lads turned up in a punto it was a 52 or 53 plate and they come from braintree i was chatting to them for about 10 mins one of them had a asda or tescos top on? they parked there car all the way down the side of the lake witch i thought was odd because your ment to park in the car park,
i fish there a fair bit if i see them i will get the reg and post it up or i will ask to see there license and take there numbers and pass the info on
they fished in the middle of the two lakes on the back lake

its a shame because there are some good people fish there

you should be able to leave your gear on the bank any where with out any one taking it :hammer:
bigcatmike
Rudd
Rudd

Postby divedemon » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:24 pm

that sounds like them.they were fishing the middle bank and fishing into both pits the day this happened.they had also parked halfway down.i would urge anyone who see's them to get their membership no's and pass it on to the committee so they can be dealt with.cheers everyone for your response, its good to know there are some decent people out there still.
divedemon
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Postby bigcatmike » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:13 pm

thats ok mate if i see them i will pass there number on i fish there quite a bit :D
just a shame your gear went missing
bigcatmike
Rudd
Rudd

Postby scorpius » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:49 pm

hi guys i will be going to houchins serveral times over the next few weeks, will keep a eye out for them.
scorpius
Perch
Perch

Return to Lost, Found or Stolen