Corner swim specimen lake

Please report your catches, posts etc here.

Corner swim specimen lake

Postby Mixed Bag » Tue May 19, 2009 7:52 pm

The corner swim on the far bank from the car park, next to the large double swim In my opinion, and also that of one of the the bailiffs, is that it should not be a swim at all, especially if the double swim is occupied by two anglers already
I was fishing the double swim today with my son who is new to carp fishing, being a double it was an ideal swim for the pair of us to use as it meant that I could keep an eye on him easier than running from swim to swim checking what he was doing, An ideal swim it was until someone decided they wanted to fish the corner a few feet from us.
Anyone who has fished the double swim with a second angler sharing it will know that apart from the near margin you only have the trees to the right to fish to as far as features go, so if someone is bloody minded enough to jump in the corner all you are left with is the close margin and open water.
I can understand if most other pegs are taken but, to use this swim at any other times is I think showing disrespect for your fellow anglers and a care less atitude.
In the end I ended up moving out of the double swim and into a swim two swims away leaving my son in the double, which in turn spoilt what should otherwise have been an enjoyable day out with my teenage son.
Had I instead fished the corner swim myself and placed my son in the double swim we would have spent the day together but, would have no doubt been accused of taking up three swims, a no win situation.
This is a great fisherie and I am sure that club officials and the bailiffs will make sure it stays that way but I would be interested to hear your comments on what I have had to say. :(
Catching is great, but so is just being there!
Mixed Bag
Eel
Eel

Re: Corner swim specimen lake

Postby colin the carper » Thu May 21, 2009 12:20 pm

i totaly agree i went here on the second day of my trip at the weekend and i went on there planning to take my step son on the doubble as it was pritty much his first apart from the top pit but anyway i got over there and thorght it looks great to sit next to him and show him stuff but i then saw the next swim and fourght F**k wht if some one goes in there we will be <font color=red><b>censored</b></font>d so i ended up going in there leaving him on the doubble wich wasnt to bad but it would be much much much much better if the little swim got closed
colin the carper wearing a parker
a mod is a way of life
sorry about spelling
no longer blank king
colin the carper
Catfish
Catfish

Return to Great Oakley Fisheries